Hosteeva (“we” or “us”) take the privacy of your information very seriously. This policy
explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you via this site
and any services we offer via the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy in respect
of the information collected about you via this Site.
If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using our contact details
and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Personal information collected
- We will collect the following personal information from you:
- Certain information required to register with the Site including first and last name,
your address, and phone number with some basic security information;
- Details of any bookings you make through the Site (either through us or through third
parties who use the Site as a booking platform);
- Your e-mail address and password;
- Billing information such as your credit card number and expiry date;
- Other information about you that you voluntarily supply to use by filling out your
- Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot
register as a member of the Site or make a booking for accommodation with our Hosts.
Use of this information
- We (or the Hosteeva, or your booking services provider) will use this information in order to:
- administer your booking;
- collect payment of accommodation fees from you on behalf of our Hosts;
- collect payment for any services you obtain while staying in our Hosts’ accommodation;
- make general improvements to our Site and the services we offer;
- analyze how customers are making use of the Site;
- notify you of certain offers and new products (subject to your right to unsubscribe or
Sharing this information
- Credit or debit card payments will be collected by our payment processor.
- In order for payments to be processed you may need to provide some necessary details to our
agent. We tell you about this at the point we collect that information on the Site.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of
our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or
reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights
continue to be protected.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your
permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court
order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Information automatically collected from your computer
- Log files/IP addresses. When you visit the Site our web server automatically
records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal
information. We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot
identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with
a more effective service.
- Cookies. When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as
a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers
to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are
specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which
means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and
credit card numbers are not stored in cookies. A cookie helps you get the best out of
the following purposes:
- Storing details about your site preferences (for instance which language you
wish to view pages in);
- Storing details about any properties you have short-listed;
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and
provide a continuity of experience.
- You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (your browser’s help screen or
manual should tell you how to do this), but certain parts of the Site are reliant on the use of
cookies to operate correctly and may not work correctly if you set your browser not to accept
- When using our site, there are a number third parties who also need to store cookies for
essential running of the site. These include but are not limited to, Amazon for the running of
our load balancers, Google to enable Interactive Maps and help us with Analytics. If you have
any concerns, please contact us.
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you
access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you
visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for
the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and
recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator
if you have any concerns or questions.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views
about our privacy practices, or with any inquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by
emailing us at email@example.com.